Wall panels are a great feature in any space and when looked after, they can add character and interest to your room. With Simply Refresh you can give your wall panels a colorful makeover that will elevate your home’s style.
- Simply Refresh for wall panels
- Paint stirrer
- Paint tray
- Sand paper and sanding block
- Masking tape
- Get started by protecting your working area. If your panels are already painted, give them a gentle sand to remove any loose or flaky paint and make the surface porous. For the main parts of the panels, use a sanding block to achieve a smooth and consistent finish and then switch to just using sand paper for any parts that are difficult to reach.
- Remove any dust and give them a wipe down with degreaser and leave to dry.
- Mask up along the floor or where your paneling meets skirting, flooring, walls or ceiling.
There’s no need to prime with Taubmans Paint, so you can get painting straight away.
- Give your Taubmans Paint a good stir and pour it into the paint tray.
- Start by painting in and around all the detail of your panelling with a brush then switch to a roller for larger surfaces. To see how long you need to leave your panels to dry, simply check the back of the tin for a recommended time.
Top tip: In between coats, simply put your brush and roller in a plastic bag to keep them moist, so you can use them again for you next coat without having to give them a wash.
- Give your panels their second coat and wait for them to dry again.
- Remove as much paint as you can from your brush, roller and tray.
- Give them a thorough wash in water, there’s no need to use white spirit, as Simply Refresh is water based.
- Firmly close the paint tin and store in a dry and frost-free environment.
Need some inspiration? Take a look at some of our favorite ways to makeover wall panels.