Radiators can begin to look a little tired and unloved over time. So, give yours a quick makeover with Simply Refresh, our tough, non-yellowing paint.
- Taubmans paint for radiators
- Cardboard or paper
- Masking tape
- Sand paper
- Paint stirrer
- Standard brush
- Radiator brush
- Begin by switching your radiator off and make sure it is completely cool before you start. Place dustsheets on the floor and over any furniture that is nearby and slide a large piece of cardboard or paper in between the radiator and wall, then attach it to the wall with tape.
- Remove any dirt and flaking paint from your radiator, then wipe it thoroughly with degreaser and wait for it to dry.
- Sand the surface slightly, focusing on any rusty parts to ensure that the radiator is smooth, and then clean up any dust.
There’s no need to prime when you’re using Simply Refresh, saving you a little bit of time and money.
- Give your paint a good stir and you’re ready to get painting. To avoid any drips appearing down your radiator, be careful not to overload your brush.
- Using your brush, work from left to right and top to bottom to apply your chosen Simply Refresh color. Check the back of the paint tin for recommended drying times and let the paint dry, while making sure the radiator remains off.
Top tip: In between coats, simply put your brush and roller in a plastic bag to keep them moist, so you can use them again for your next coat without having to wash them.
- Apply your second coat and leave it to dry again. After this, you can turn the heating up in gradual increments.
- Remove the paper or cardboard from in between the wall and radiator.
- Scrape as much paint as you can from your brushes and give them a thorough wash in water. There’s no need to use any white spirit, as Simply Refresh is water based.
- Close your Simply Refresh paint tin and store it somewhere dry and frost-free.
Take a look at some color ideas that will inspire you to go bold with your radiator transformation.